Monday, February 25, 2008

4 posts in one (abbreviated for your reading pleasure)

Here are a couple of things that I have been thinking about.

We have been trying to sell our house for 5 months now. I am assuming that it is not going to happen. We are a little sad to let the house in Bentonville slip away, but overall we are just ready to not be selling our house. One more month or so to go on our contracts.

Genessa has been working very hard for the last 7 months working to settle with our insurance company. Last week she was finally able to settle. This was like her having a third job (job 1- nurse, job 2- take care of Tim) and I am very grateful to her for taking care of this. What a wife.

Through this settlement, God was able to use something that the enemy planned for harm and use it for good. Our plan is to finish our goal of being debt free (except the house(working on that to)). Just for the record, the settlement was not worth the accident and resulting changes. If you had asked me pre-accident I would have said heck yes, but not after going through it.

One last thing. I need to part out my bus that I bought back from the insurance company. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't bought it back. It was kind of like buying myself a job that I can't even stand to look at.

3 comments:

Allen said...

Glad that you will be debt free except for the house. Now you just need to call Dave Ramsey and shout "I'M DEBT FREE!!!!!!"

Also, perhaps you should just see if you can find someone who wants your entire bus for around what you bought it back at. So that you don't get a job you don't want.

Dotti said...

It's so good to be on this side of the accident and settlement! On Tuesday nights I drive College Ave home from BSF. It's quiet, not much traffic. I pass that spot and think, "This is the place where God turned back death." He has done multiple good things for us in this, despite the enemy's plan.

Nana said...

I had not read your blog in a while but I am thankful that you see when the enemy means it for bad and God turns it to good. You will never know how scared I was that fateful day. I thought it took me four hours to drive to NWA from Ft. Smith and I prayed all the way. I still cry when I think about it and I don't know if they are tears of joy or of the fear that was so implanted. I pray they are tears of joy. God is so good and you can add "all the time."
I love you both.
Nana