Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A new mall?


So most you probably know that NWA will soon have a new mall. I got curious about what new stores would be coming to the area. I wasn't impressed, I would say at least 75% of the stores can be found at the NWA mall and some being found at the mall formally know as the Dixieland mall "smaller mall with the big surprises, Dixieland mall". Just so everyone knows the big surprise at the Dixieland mall is that no one goes there. Check out the store list HERE.

The new mall is also an outdoor mall, which is supposed to be cool, but I bet most of this winter it is going to be cold and the summer will likely bring scorching heat which makes me not want to walk around especially carrying bags.

My thought on weather is that right now it would be nice to walk around outdoors and shop but a month ago I would be at the NWA Mall. I would also say a month or two from now It will be too cold most of the time to be walking around outside. Who wants to get there picture taken with Santa wearing your big think coat and gloves.

All that said, I plan on braving the crowd sometime during the first weekend they are open to check it out and see if my thought about the mall are true or not. The mall opens Oct. 4th.

So what do you think.
Any stores that look worthy of a trip?
Indoor or outdoor?
Will you make the trip the first weekend?
Will this be the end of the phrase Mall Walker?
Will the traffic ever be the same?
Will this be the end of the frisco station mall?

So many questions.

Shine on,
Tim

3 comments:

Tim said...

Visit my blog to see how you can save on perscription drugs.

I made it into the spam market. Super cool.

Genessa said she was excited about the Bakers shoes.

And reading the list again, I will visit the Discovery Channel Store and Sharper Image.

euromichaelis said...

The Kuehler 5 will definitely be there for opening day. Shopping is among Mrs. Kuehler's spiritual gifts. I'm pumped about Sullivan's Steakhouse and Buckle. I think signing JC Penny probably brought down the profile of the property and deterred operators like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrell.

Outdoor malls are the new black. With our great NWA weather (4 real seasons) it will be a hit.

Anonymous said...

i'm pumped about it b/c it is like 10 seconds from my house[that you and genessa need to come see pronto]. however quite bummed that babygap didn't make the list, probably b/c there's another one in rogers. but that's another trip. perhaps it will deter me from buying unneeded clothes for this kid of mine. i agree with kevin that jcpenney was a big mistake. i hate that place. and gnc. why does that belong in a mall?