Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Books to read from last week Part 1

I haven't told people about the books that I have read in a while and last week I got in quite a few in my commute to work. So I wrote up a few reviews and recommendations.


The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I think I have read this book 3 times. I am a hardcore Dave Ramsey fan. This book I originally bought just over two years ago. It inspired us to become debt free and has changed our lives more than any book (not written by a deity). It lays out a simple(not easy) plan to get out of debt, save money for latter and encourages people to give like never before once they have control of their finances. Go get it if you haven’t read it or I will give you a copy that’s how much I believe in it.

3 comments:

Sandy Krout said...

We're Dave fans too. It was funny seeing you at church the other day and finding out that you had the book on your shelf. I went and rented the book from the library two days ago b/c I didn't realized that he book that comes with the FPU kit is not the same and he's constanly suggesting it on his radio talk show. I want to give it, with a box of rice and beans to people who need it. His wisdom, I think, is what really hooks people in. That and becoming debt free, which I hear you are and want to HEAR it on air!!! Let us know when you do call in.

Unknown said...

Haha! You sound just like Stephen! Have you two been talking?=)

jeanne said...

Phil and I absolutely believe in his principals. We listen to him on the radio - Phil more than me....and we are hardcore about it. It isn't easy being hardcore either. We don't want to pay any stupid tax anymore.